Now Monthly - Open Sit Evening Meditations
Attendance continues to be strong, so our goal is to host Open Sit evening meditations every month on the first and third Thursday. Please check back here for an updated schedule.
The Open Sit is a silent, group meditation with a simple format: between 7-8pm you can come-and-go any time, just do so mindfully and quietly. A bell is rung every 20 minutes; use it as a cue to change from sitting to walking meditation, or walking to sitting meditation, or just remain in the mode you're in. There is no formal guidance or discussion. This event is free and open to all.
- Open Sit Evening Meditation
- Doors open at 7pm, close at 8pm. Come and go as you please.
- First & Third Thursday of the month. Attend one or both dates, see calendar.
- National Avenue Christian Church, Parlor Room. See detailed parking and room directions.
- Free. Open to new as well as experienced meditators.
- May 2 - in the Parlor. NOTE: on this evening, please enter through the Main Entrance off the parking lot near the playground. The Gallery Entrance will be closed for a church meeting.
- May 16 - in the Parlor, enter through the Gallery Entrance off the parking lot.
Cushions, benches, chairs, mats and blankets are available. For questions, contact us at email@example.com.