Open Sit Evening Meditations - now through 2019
We now offer Open Sit evening meditations on the first and third Thursday each month in 2019. Please note the schedule below is subject to change.
The Open Sit is a silent, group meditation with a simple format: between 7-8pm you can come-and-go any time, just do so mindfully and quietly. A bell is rung every 20 minutes; use it as a cue to change from sitting to walking meditation, or walking to sitting meditation, or just remain in the mode you're in. There is no formal guidance or discussion. This event is free and open to all.
- Open Sit Evening Meditation
- Doors open at 7pm, close at 8pm. Come and go as you please.
- First & Third Thursday of the month. Attend any or all dates. See list below or calendar.
- National Avenue Christian Church, Parlor Room. See detailed parking and room directions.
- Free. Open to new as well as experienced meditators.
- Dates subject to change. Please check back for updates or see our Facebook page.
- June 6 & 20
- July 4 & 18
- Aug 1 & 15
- Sep 5 & 19
- Oct 3 & 17
- Nov 7 only (Nov 21 cancelled)
- Dec 5 & 19
Cushions, benches, chairs, mats and blankets are available. For questions, contact us at email@example.com.